If, after reading this policy, you have any queries or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Local Buzz follows the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) introduced on 25 May, 2018 and meets the requirements of CNIL for the protection of civil rights and liberties.
If your data changes, please let us know so that we can update the website business directory as well as our records. In the meantime, please do check that the information we hold in the business directory for your business is accurate.
The term “data collection” refers to obtaining, recording, maintaining and the safe-keeping of details about your business.
In the main, we are interested in your business details rather than your personal ones. However, as part of that process, in order to contact you, or if you advertise with us, we may collect:
- Business name
- Telephone Number
- Website address
- Email address
- Your name
- Your mobile number
- The business address
- The business Siret and TVA numbers
- Financial data for invoicing purposes
- Business description
- Information provided by you such as artwork, images, business description and requests
- Clicks to your listing, your log-in information, your browser, page views and navigation, length of visit to website pages, visits by you to the website and information on how you use our website. We might also collect details of and settings in relation to time and technology on devices you use to access the website.
- Your preferences regarding marketing and communication
WHAT IS NOT COLLECTED
We do not collect personal data of any kind unless it is to be used to communicate with you for the sake of your business (i.e. mobile number or email address).
Your home address is not retained unless it is the same as your business address.
Neither do we collect or record any sexual preferences or orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, race, ethnicity, trade union membership, health, criminal convictions, political opinions or information about your health.
HOW BUSINESS DATA IS USED
This data will be used to:
- Send you newsletters that you have subscribed to.
- Send you emails about changes to the website, and to record those emails.
- Send you emails about your order, respond to any queries and to process the order on a financial basis, maintain a record of the email, the order and the results associated with that order.
- Where the law permits, to send you marketing communications
- Reply to your queries or concern and to keep a record of that communication.
- Improve our service to you by personalising the information we send.
- Monitor online services and website usage by you, and of users of the website in relation to your business.
- Inform you of competitions and reader offers, or to ask you to update your details, and to keep a record of that communication.
- Communicate with you on any topic relevant to your business directory entry, your use of the website, or your website or magazine advertisement and to record that communication.
- Help us to manage our business, to ensure relevance of our business to you, to administer and protect our business.
- Monitor and understand the effectiveness of advertising.
- For legal issues such as non-payment of bills or breach of contract.
- Maintain a record of any contracts between us such as those required for features, blogs and advertising.
WHEN WE USE PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data (home address for instance) will not be used or collected unless:
- It forms part of the business details.
- You have given us consent to do so.
- It is required as part of the fulfilment of a contract we have with you.
- We are legally required to contact or inform you.
- We have a legitimate business reason to contact you.
- We need to contact you to ensure we comply with regulations.
- We are legally required to do so, such as if you win a competition.
HOW DATA IS OBTAINED
We may collect information about your business by the following methods:
- From information you send us direct, as a result of newsletters subscription, entering a competition.
- You visit us personally, give us your business card, email us directly, you place an order, you register with us.
- Third parties and public sources where your business is included.
Analytics providers linked to the website.
Our security measures are designed to prevent accidental loss of data and to prevent unauthorised use, alteration, access or disclosure of your data.
WHY WE WILL COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
There will be times when we need to contact you. This may be for legal, ordering, invoicing, general communication or marketing purposes.
Specifically, it will be:
- To inform you about changes to our business and its products.
- To process sales and invoices.
- To send you marketing messages where you have given us consent to do so or where we have a legitimate reason to do so (i.e. we believe that what we are doing is appropriate and relevant to your business).
- To pass on relevant information regarding our or your businesses, i.e. when we have a commercial or business reason to do so.
- To send you newsletters that you have subscribed to – if you wish to stop receiving newsletters at any time you must unsubscribe using the unsubscribe button on that newsletter.
- We will not contact you if you have sent us an email asking us to stop contacting you. You can do so by sending an email to email@example.com
We will not sell, loan or give away any of your business or personal data to anyone. Employees, sub-contractors, directors and shareholders of The Local Buzz are required to sign a confidentiality agreement to that effect.
We may have to share details of your business with organisations that are vital to our business such as website and IT service providers and administrators, professional advisors such as lawyers, banks, accountancy organisations, the UK and French government (VAT and TVA), other government sections, fraud prevention organisations, and design and advertising agencies in the course of production of your material.
All third parties are required to secure your data in accordance with the legal requirements. We do not allow them to use your data for anything other than the requirements stated by us.
We do not use organisations outside of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EAA).
Your data will be kept for as long as your business appears in our website business directory, for as long as you subscribe to newsletters, and for as long as you are a customer with advertising on the website or in the magazine. Should you unsubscribe to the newsletter or stop being a customer, we are legally required to keep this data for six years. If we cannot delete it for technical, legal or regulatory reasons the data may be kept for longer.
At all times, we will ensure that your privacy is protected.
CESSATION, AND/OR AMENDMENT
You should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if:
- You want us to remove your business listing.
- Your information is incorrect.
- You do not want us to contact you in the future.
- You want us to restrict the use of your data.
- Your business ceases to trade.
- You want to change, amend or delete information but need us to retain it for any reason.
You may request a copy of the information we hold about you. To do so, email email@example.com. We will require identification to ensure your right to access this information.
You may complain to CNIL if you are not happy with how we respond to your communications or with how we use or collect your data.
We will endeavour to make any changes or deletions as soon as possible and, in any event within a one-month period from the original request.